This year we celebrate the 21st edition of the NCPEDP- Mindtree Helen Keller Awards.
The story of the Helen Keller Awards started in 1999 as a result of the findings of a survey conducted of the Top 100 Companies of India by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP). The results showed that the average percentage of employment of people with disabilities was as follows: in the public sector: 0.54 percent; in the private sector: 0.28 percent; and in the multinationals: 0.05 percent. While the situation has improved to some extent in the past decade and a half, we are still not even close to covering half the percentage of persons with disabilities living in the country.
The objective of the NCPEDP Helen Keller Awards was to start a discourse on equal opportunities for persons with disabilities in the area of employment at a time when no one was even thinking about it. Organisations and employees with disabilities would become brand ambassadors for the cause of employment of persons with disabilities and take the momentum forward and role models would be identified and celebrated in an attempt to motivate and encourage others. Over the past 20 years, these Awards have come to be recognised as the most prestigious Indian benchmark for honouring people and organisations which have been working towards promoting employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
This is 5th year of The NCPEDP- Mindtree Helen Keller Awards. Each year a total of 10 Awards are given away – 3 each in the two individual categories and 4 for role model companies/organisations.
The Awards are given under 3 categories:
- Category A: Role Model Disabled Person
Disabled persons from within the disability sector and outside who have been active as ambassadors of the cause of employment for disabled people and are a positive role model for others.
- Category B: Role Model Supporter of Increased Employment Opportunities for Disabled People
Individuals from within the disability sector or outside who have contributed substantially to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people over an extended period of time.
- Category C: Role Model Companies/NGOs/Institutions
Organisations from the disability sector or outside who have shown their commitment towards promoting equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Registered in 1996, the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) is the country’s premier cross disability, not-for-profit organisation working as an interface between Government, Industry, International Agencies and the Voluntary Sector towards empowerment of persons with disabilities. Its mandate is simple – to encourage employment of disabled people, increase public awareness on the issue of disability, empower disabled people with knowledge, information and opportunities and ensure easy and convenient access to all public places. NCPEDP works on six core principles, also called the six pillars of the organization, namely:
To know more, please visit www.ncpedp.org
Mindtree [NSE: MINDTREE] is a global technology consulting and services company, helping enterprises marry scale with agility to achieve competitive advantage. “Born digital,” in 1999 and now a Larsen & Toubro Group Company, Mindtree applies its deep domain knowledge to 280+ enterprise client engagements to break down silos, make sense of digital complexity and bring new initiatives to market faster. We enable IT to move at the speed of business, leveraging emerging technologies and the efficiencies of Continuous Delivery to spur business innovation. Operating in more than 15 countries across the world, we’re consistently regarded as one of the best places to work, embodied every day by our winning culture made up of over 21,000 entrepreneurial, collaborative and dedicated “Mindtree Minds”.
To learn more, visit www.mindtree.com or follow us @Mindtree_Ltd
- NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2020
- Brochure (855 KB)
- NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2019
- Brochure (8 MB)
- NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2018
- NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2017
- NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2016
- NCPEDP-Lemon Tree Hotels Helen Keller Awards 2015
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2013
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2011
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2010
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2009
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2008
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2007
- Brochure (4.74 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2006
- Brochure (8.42 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2005
- Brochure (5.64 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2004
- Brochure (7.89 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2003
- Brochure (8.07 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2002
- Brochure (9.62 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2001
- Brochure (6.14 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2000
- Brochure (7.32 MB)
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 1999