National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
(N.C.P.E.D.P.) was registered as a Trust in 1996, with a Board of Management
which has representation from industry, N.G.O.s, disabled people and international
agencies. N.C.P.E.D.P. stresses the need to move away from traditionally held
views of charity and welfare to those of productivity and empowerment of disabled
- Encourage the employment of disabled people.
- Increase public awareness on disability issues.
- Empower disabled people through appropriate legislation.
- Equip disabled people with educational opportunities.
- Ensure easy and convenient access to all public places.
Some of our achievements
- Getting disability included in the Population Census of 2001.
- Sensitising the corporate world about employing disabled people.
- Making the University Grants Commission announce schemes for promoting
higher education for people with disability.
- NCPEDP's campaign for access during Stephen Hawking's visit.
- Partnering with Council of Architecture to ensure that disability forms
a part of the curriculum for future architects.
Read about some of our achievements in details
N.C.P.E.D.P. has also served on the social sector committee of the Planning
Commission and is a member of the disability core group with the National Human
Founder Chairperson: Mrs. Sonia Gandhi
Chairman: Dr. V. Krishnamurthy, Chairman, National Manufacturing
- Mr. Subodh Bhargava, Former President, Confederation
of Indian Industry and Advisor, Eicher Group of Companies
- Mrs. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister, Government of
N.C.T. of Delhi
- Mr. Jamshyd N. Godrej, Managing Director, Godrej
& Boyce Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Vikram Singh Mehta, Chairman, Shell Group of
Companies in India
- Mrs. Shobhna Bhartia, Vice Chairperson, Hindustan
- Dr. Maya Thomas, Policy Advisor and Consultant Disability
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled
A-77, South Extention Part II,
New Delhi 110 049